Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gigue Fugue (incomplete)

Duration: 02:47 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-07-18 23:08:38

I'm learning to play the organ. This is one of my practice pieces, and I don't have it all down yet, and make a lot of mistakes on the part I can play, but it's coming along! Also, this is on a really badly-designed digital organ which I wouldn't mind seeing anywhere else but at my church! It has lot of problems, which limit how I play and make it more difficult. But you work with what you have! (I'd really prefer a genuine pipe organ! One can only dream...) Update: Here is more information on what I'm attempting to play. The "organ" is a Technics SX-F3. Its design is largely based on that of a Hammond, and bears little resemblance to a real organ. It has 25 pedals in a flat pedalboard which is too low for the fixed-height bench, making it necessary for me to perch on the edge and messing up my technique. Only one pedal can sound at a time, with the lowest note canceling any higher notes. When you play quickly on the pedals, often one note will suddenly cut off the previous note with a strange effect. The manuals can only play a maximum of 8 notes simultaneously per manual, with the highest note canceling the lowest. There are no inter-manual or pedal couplers, and the intra-manual harmonic couplers cut the number of simultaneous notes to 4 per manual, thus are practically unusable. There are lots of gadgets, but few are useful for organ music.

Comments

ccoraxfan  2008-03-21 08:25:32

Thanks for the support! Shalom!
__________________________________________________
jamlimited3  2008-03-13 23:46:30

This is cool man! I like this! I love the sound of organs and you seem to be on your way to being very awesome at it. But wow, I never knew so much foul language and attitude could come from such a simple video post. You simply posted a nice video of the playing of the organ and boom somehow slanderers managed to come and post. Something should be concluded...either you have people assigned to be against you(a good sign in Moshiach) or its a sign we are in the last days, hehe. Shalom.
__________________________________________________
vonijoe  2008-02-23 19:45:42

bigbutthole, I'm not Christ -- it's just that I'm holier than thou. You're just buttholy. Now, the dumbass may reply.
__________________________________________________
bigcanuk  2008-02-23 19:15:41

No, its "Canuk". Christ, you can't even swear properly. C
__________________________________________________
vonijoe  2008-02-23 16:43:13

Bigcanuk...are you trying to give Canadians a very bad image? And isn't it spelled "canuck"? Find some class and adopt it, bigbutthole!
__________________________________________________

No comments: