Sunday, September 16, 2007

Corinna Fugate Self Injury "The Butterfly Project"

Duration: 03:35 minutes
Upload Time: 07-09-13 20:44:17
User: faerie27d
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

Corinna Fugate video blog "Butterfly Project". This is a video blog to help raise public awareness of self injury, and to help other self injurers to know they are not alone, and hope IS possible, and you CAN get BETTER! The "Butterfly Project" is a coping mechanism, designed to help those who are self injuring, who want to quit, QUIT! Sometimes we all need alittle help, and guidance. I hope this video blog helps you feel less alone. Love Corinna Fugate PLEASE VISIT: http://www.myspace.com/selfinjuryhope That is the page on Myspace I started to raise awareness about self injury / self harm. At first I was not sure if I was going to make this video."Cutters" are so often stigmatised in our society today. But then it hit me: That is exactly WHY I SHOULD make this video blog...to begin turning a key to a door of silence for many many people each day. I hope this video helps people understand the nature of self injury, and I hope it will make it easier, in the future for people to talk about this problem without the fear of ridicule...so that the healing will begin. Self injury is not understood. Many think people use self injury as a way of getting attention and this is not true. another misconception is that someone who does self injury is suicidal, that is not true either. Self injury/ self harm is a addiction, a way of coping, like any other addiction. Some people are addicted to drugs, some to alcohol...People who self injur are addicted to it. Just because someone self injurs or self harms does not make them weak, and it does not make them a bad person. It just means they need some serious medical help. I believe in you guys, and know that you can overcome self injury...I am on your side, I know how hard it is. I used to be a self injurer, and I do not do it anymore, so if I can stop, anyone can. I believe in you!! God Bless, Corinna Fugate * PLEASE VISIT: http://www.myspace.com/selfinjuryhope Ignore these tags: Self injury, self harm, mutilation, anorexia, ana, death scene, dead, bulimia, mia, pro, butterfly, to write love on her arms, lindsay lohan, mary kate olsen, cutter The Butterfly Effect deleted scenes Demi Moore Ashton Kutcher cutters Drew Barrymore Amy Lee Lisa Left Eye Lopez Princess Diana Elizabeth Wurtzel Prozac Nation Thirteen 13 Lifehouse Everything ASH alternative suicide holiday red bracelet society orange Christina Ricci Johnny Depp Tori Amos Christ awareness Girl Interrupted Lisa Angelina Jolie Susanna Kaysen The Hours Virginia Woolf Courtney Love Fiona Apple Evanescence Breathe No More Strawberry Gashes Jack Jill Marilyn Manson Shirley Manson Corgan interview Bipolar Kurt Cobain Britney Spears VMA Nicole Richie paparazzi Kanye West Iraq Jewel Foolish Games Universe Jupiter Amos Winter Phantom Opera Emmy Rossum Brightman Plumb Cut Johnny Cash Hurt NIN Rezner Trent Vampire Claudia Lestat Confessions LOTR fan Jack Rose Titanic Brooks The Dance Garth Tourniquet Lithium rehab Winehouse Courtney hospital manic depression clinical depression ADD ADHD OCD obsessive compulsive disorder fat borderline personality hands Silverchair Anas Song Faerie Fairy Snow White Deirdre Sorrows Rhiannan Hope Cut Plumb Trees To Write Love on Her Arms Passion Christ Jesus Religion Paris Hilton Bible sad quotes model thinspiration Tyra Top Model purging Hollywood Barton Murphy A Wrod Don't Say Self Harm Self Injury Lindsay Lohan self harm Drew Barrymore Prozac Nation Elizabeth Wurtzel cutter self harm car crash ticket arrested liscense jail Kirsten Dunst robbed pregnant pregnancy miscarriage dancing with stars boston legal denny krane alan shore John Mayer Ashlee Simpson acid reflux SNL bulemic Jessica Simpson divorce divorcing sued suing Federline Custody driving photographs Mike Meyers New Orleans stoned woman passage paint it black calrton vanessa the birds stones hendrix juel kiltcher diddy brooke hogan live home knows best flavor flav i love new york This video is COPYRIGHTED by Corinna Fugate 2007.

Comments
ashflower ::: Favorites
ur a good artist corinna, better than me..hehe im so glad u told me about this. jesus loves us all.
07-09-15 23:04:14
__________________________________________________
plg8388 ::: Favorites
So beautiful Corinna-it brought tears to my eyes-I want to get better so bad-I am a Christian too-I need to rely on God's help to get better!!Thanks for being here for us...love,Pam Glover
07-09-15 22:11:39
__________________________________________________
jesmalu ::: Favorites
hey i just rewatched this. the butterfly in the beginning did you make that?
07-09-15 19:55:13
__________________________________________________
TJsMomma ::: Favorites
Thank you for sharing this information! We have someone we love that cuts and she is the one that sent us here to see this video! HUGS to you!
07-09-15 14:28:21
__________________________________________________
jesmalu ::: Favorites
I don't know if I commented on this or not. I really like this idea. I LOVE butterflies (fairies) anything of that sort! I have been struggling with the urges lately & this butterfly thing has helped me already. Thank you for sharing! =)
07-09-15 13:02:51
__________________________________________________
chaosreeaper ::: Favorites
Keep up the good work Corinna, You saved my life with ur great music and Advise... so i just wanna say thank you. Your a star to many people, not just me.
07-09-15 07:05:47
__________________________________________________
MorikamiBeLoveless ::: Favorites
Your videos really help me Corinna :] Thanxs to you im slowly but surely recovering from self injury. and im going to start the butterfly project. im naming it Hector like my boyfriend. cuz he doesnt want me to cutt anymore and he wants to be with me for suport always :] so thank you. you saved my life. i was on the verge of going over the edge but thanx to you. im recovering. Thank you!!!
07-09-14 23:20:02
__________________________________________________
crazymadonna ::: Favorites
Hi Corinna, thank you for making videos about SI. I like that you share tips and skills and your videos are very encouraging and show that there is hope. My last slip up happend five months ago but I am all the time fighting against the urge to hurt myself again. Well, I am an atheist but I know that you haven´t got any predjudices against people who believe in other religions or are atheist. Take care, Judith P.S.: I made ice cubes with water and red food colouring which help me a lot.
07-09-14 21:59:09
__________________________________________________
crazymadonna ::: Favorites
Thank you Corinna for this video! You are such a nice and caring person and your videos are very encouraging. You give many helpful tips and show other people that there is hope. Well, I am an atheist but I know that you haven´t any prejudices and tolerate everyone. I am recovering self- injurer and I always fight against slipping up. Take care and thanks, Judith
07-09-14 21:50:30
__________________________________________________
sushbaert ::: Favorites
oh my goodness what a great thing that is! I hope I'll see a lot of butterflies in the future.
07-09-14 21:17:42
__________________________________________________

No comments: